Frida Hård, 35, with her son Einar 7 months, lives in Stockholm
Hi! Sorry to bother you but I’m on hunt for the best Stockholm tips for tourists, would you like to share yours?
Brilliant! So where is the best place in town for a night out?
Oh, there are so many good places it´s difficult to pick one! But for the summer time I would say Trädgården which is a fantastic bar under bare sky. It’s the best, best, best tip I can give! I will definitely hang out there this summer. Best venue for concerts is Södra teatern. Lot’s of nice drinks, lovely terrace and a fabulous view. I’m going there tonight actually, to see Swedish artist Markus Krunegård.
Ah, fun! Do you go to a lot of concerts?
Yes, I’m very interested in music. Before having Einar, my husband and I went to about four to five concerts a week. We will continue to do that on occassions when managing to find babysitter.
That’s cool, do that! So Frida, since you’re a parent yourself, where should families with kids go on a holiday in Stockholm?
I would take a boat trip to the archipelago, Fjäderholmarna, where I would eat shrimps. It’s fantastic out there! The kids can swim and you and your loved one can sit on a cliff and kiss… It’s actually a tip not just for families but everyone. On a rainy day I would go to Kulturhuset that has a lot of fun activities for children.
I would like to introduce you to my good friend Into, 27. Into lives in Årsta, plays in the punk band Abjekt and wouldn’t hesitate to grab a taxi for one block after pay day as I just found out!
Hej Into, tell me something about you I didn’t know:
- One time I called for a limousine to drive me 200 meters to the liquore store (Systembolaget). I bought the cheapest beer Kung while the limo waited outside to drive me back.
Haha, you’re crazy! How much did that cost?
- 1 000 Swedish Kronor. But I had just got 28 000 kronor into my account so I had to use them for something. And I had never tried a limo before.
That’s such an Into thing to do. Now, tell us some about all your tattoos. Which one is your best one?
- Right now it’s the Danger Mouse. The colours are so damn good and it’s the most random tattoo I have.
Do you regret any of them?
- No none. Some I might not do again, but that’s not the same thing.
Where do you get them done, and is it expensive?
- AtSwahili Bobs on Bondegatan. It’s expensive but on the other hand it’s a life time investment.
You work at this really popular place named Strand. Well, you can call it a bar street now maybe?
- Yes, it has a grown to embrace a classic bar called Bar Brooklyn, a club, a live section and a restaurant. We have a lot of live bands playing every week and the range is as wide as our public. The fact that I hang there so much outside of work proves it’s a great place!