You’ve had tips from a few Stockholm locals over the past few weeks so now I thought I’d share my very own top tips for a great night out in Stockholm! Enjoy!
Top 5 bars
• Söders Hjärta, Bellmansgatan 22, nice local pub with good music, mixture of jazz and soul
• Lisa på Torget, Östermalmstorg 2, bar at the heart of the trendy Östermalm square. Great for people watching.
• Morfar Ginko – Swedenborgsgatan 13, Caribbean design, all kinds of characters, hip atmosphere, nice beer garden in the summer
Top 5 clubs
• Strand, Hornstulls strand 4, a good mix of people, a lot of gigs with famous as well as up and coming artists from all over the world. The place has seen a great increase in visitors since changing owner a couple of years ago and the concept with a beer garden and an inside bit with table tennis among other things, has proved very popular!
• Trädgården, Hammarby Slussväg 2, translates as “the garden”, but is actually placed underneath the bridge of Skanstullsbron. The design is more concrete than flowers. This is where you find the cool kids of Söder, mingle and people watch! Relaxed atmosphere though.
• Berns, Berzelii Park, hotel and nightclub. Plenty of people and different rooms/clubs, I prefer the terrace, you always have fun at the terrace!
• Lemon Bar, Scheelegatan 8, this is a bar that turns so busy it becomes a club! Good party atmosphere, random music with tunes you had forgotten about, realising you still (hrm) love them…
• Slakthuset, Slakthusgatan 6, fairly new club near the Globe sport arena. South of the south… The new place to party (so everyone says, I still haven’t visited yet!).